Does Adipex pill cause insomnia?
Adipex is one of the trademarks of a well-known weight loss drug Phentermine. Safety and efficacy of Phentermine in obesity treatment was approved by the FDA. First, Phentermine appeared on pharmaceutical market in 1959. Since then, scientists conducted multiple post-marketing studies that all have approved the safety of Phentermine (Adipex).
Efficacy, safety and most of all, transformation features of Phentermine (Adipex) have been determined only in a wide medical use, since pre-registered clinical studies have had the wide range of restrictions.
Post-marketing and post-registered studies gave us the answers to many questions, occurred during clinical trials with Phentermine (Adipex). Safety, mechanism of action and Phentermine drug application were determined during the post-marketing research.
Therapeutic effect of Adipex starts in the brain. By acting on hypothalamus, Adipex inhibits the appetite. Given that Adipex is a central nervous system stimulant (CNS), the FDA approved it only for a short-term use (12 weeks maximum) in combination with diet and physical activity.
- For weight loss, it is recommended to take one tablet of Adipex 37.5 mg (equivalent to Phentermine 30mg).
- Taking Adipex slimming pills in the morning reduces the risk of insomnia.
- After the intake of Adipex weight loss tablets, metabolism is accelerated; person feels high energy and working capacity.
- Adipex stimulates the CNS, as caffeine does.
Just as caffeine, Adipex blocks adenosine receptors, stimulating the release of adrenaline and increasing dopamine level. Application of Adipex tablets provokes in the patient’s body some changes that excite the body and may cause sleeplessness.
When taking Adipex, obese people say that insomnia is only typical for people, who have never taken weight loss tablets before. All side effects pass in several days. At least this is what those people say, who have lost weight with the help of Adipex.
To reduce the risk of sleeplessness while using Adipex slimming pills, doctors recommend to quit drinking coffee and other beverages containing caffeine. Stimulating effect of Adipex lasts 3-5 hours. Therefore, people in whom Adipex provokes insomnia should take this drug at least 6-8 hours before sleep.
- In addition, to reduce the risk of sleeplessness during anti-obesity therapy with Adipex, it is not recommended to do any physical exercises within 3-5 hours before going to bed.
The truth is that sport, as well as caffeine, provides stimulating effect on the body.
- During physical exercises, all muscles are involved, increasing the metabolism and therefore intensifying the work of all organs and systems in the body. In the end, after an intense workout the body needs a lot of time to recover.
In order to improve sleep, person should air the bedroom before sleep, take a warm and relaxing bath and drink a glass of warm milk.
- These recommendations help to improve the night sleep in people who use Adipex diet tablets and in those, who suffer from the sleeplessness for some other reason. Whatever the reason of insomnia, it must be cured.
As you know, human brain needs a rest to work properly.
Usually, restful period of the brain is 9:00 – 10:00 p.m. up to 5:00 – 6:00 a.m. Sleeplessness doesn’t let the brain to recover, overloading it even more. Because of sleepless nights, different violations of metabolism occur in the nerve cells. If not to cure sleeplessness, it becomes chronic and causes severe disorders in mental health.