Dietary dishes for weight loss
People who take care of their health and weight – trying to maintain it or get rid of excess kilos – make sure to include dietary meals in their menu. These dishes are presented in the widest variety:
So, what are these dietary dishes like?
Dietary dishes are usually aimed at weight reduction and solving certain health problems, so they are characterized by reduced caloric content and a low content of fats, carbohydrates, sugar and salt.
First of all, the list of ingredients for a dietary dish must include a minimum amount of processed foods.
Fresh meat, vegetables, fruits, greens and eggs are much preferable to semi-finished products, canned food, processed meat, cakes, etc
Spicy, fried, smoked, floury and canned foods, as well as overly salty or sweet foods
It should be taken into account that dietary dishes should not only be useful, but also delicious – only then the desire to succumb to temptation and eat the harmful products will be minimal.
Dietary dishes should maintain satiety, protecting against subsequent overeating, so it is best if they contain protein and fiber. Still, this doesn’t mean that you will have to stay away from the usual pleasures.
Of course, people who adhere to dietary recipes will have to forget about deep-fried dishes with a crispy golden crust. In this case, the “best friends” of slimming and health-conscious people are stewed, steamed, boiled, oven-baked and grilled dishes. The multicooker, steamer and the pressure cooker will be excellent assistants.
The most useful in this regard is steaming, which allows preserving all the vitamins and nutrients in your food. Steamed vegetables and fish are a perfect example of dietary dishes. However, steamed and boiled dishes usually turn out bland and unappetizing.
Instead of traditional roast meat, try to stew it. Cooking in its own juice will provide you with a less harmful and more tender dish. If the tastiness is fundamentally important for you, oven-baking can easily replace pan-frying with oil without any loss of flavor and aroma. In addition, baking does not cause the formation in your food of harmful carcinogenic compounds that are hazardous to health.
If we get in details, excellent variants of the basic dietary dishes are:
- vegetable soups and soups based on legumes,
- stews with vegetables,
- steamed meatballs and steamed fish,
- meat and fish baked in foil.
As side dishes, better choose cereals and vegetable salads seasoned with light seasonings. And forget about mayonnaise!
Healthy dietary snacks are just as important as basic meals. If you choose the right foods to cook your snacks, you can:
- improve metabolism,
- strengthen the immune system,
- lose weight twice as fast.
Instead of traditional desserts in the form of bakery foods and chocolate, pay attention to fruit salads, smoothies and baked apples. Most importantly, remember – any dietary dish can imperceptibly turn into a high-calorie one, if you consume it in large quantities.
CAULIFLOWER, CARROTS AND CELERY SOUP
Vegetable soup of cauliflower, carrots and celery will provide you with satiety without overeating, and ginger, which is part of it, will improve digestion and speed up metabolism due to its fat burning properties.
How to cook:
- Roast the walnuts for a few minutes in a frying pan on medium heat, until they turn lightly brown.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.Chop carrots, cauliflower and celery. Mix the vegetables with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, put on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower begins to turn brown.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, roast the grated ginger, chopped onions and chopped garlic in 1 teaspoon of oil for 5 minutes or until soft.
- In a large saucepan, heat the water or broth, add the baked vegetables and ginger-onion mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, bring to a boil, turn off the fire and blend with a blender.
* Sprinkle the soup with roasted walnuts and serve.
RICE SOUP WITH TURKEY
Dietary turkey soup with rice and vegetables is an excellent option for a quick, healthy lunch without frying anything and without using oil.
How to cook:
- Cut the turkey breast into medium-sized cubes, place into a saucepan, add water, bay leaf, allspice and bring to a boil.
- Salt to taste and cook over medium heat for about 25-30 minutes.Strain the resulting broth.
- Add chopped onions, sliced celery, grated carrots and rice.Cook until the vegetables and rice are soft.
- Mix with the chopped parsley, season with spices and serve.
SALAD OF CABBAGE, CARROT AND BELL PEPPER
Crispy vegetable salad with flavorful honey-lemon dressing will saturate your body with vitamins, and not in excess calories, which is especially important for people who choose dietary dishes to lose weight or maintain health.
How to cook:
- Chop cabbage.Finecut the bell pepper and carrots. Place the vegetables in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whip all ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly.
ASIAN STYLE NOODLES
Can a pasta dish be useful and dietary? It can, if you use durum wheat pasta and do not overcook them.
How to cook:
- Cut the bell pepper in half, take out the seeds and bake in the oven at 220 degrees for 15 minutes until soft.
- Boil the noodles in boiling water, following the instructions on the package.
- Mix soy sauce, lemon juice, paprika, 1/4 cup of chopped green onions and 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- Add noodles, diagonally cut peas and finely cut bell pepper.
- Mix well, sprinkle with sesame seeds, the remaining green onions and cilantro, and serve.
STUFFED STEAMED FISH WITH LEMON-GINGER SAUCE
Steamed fish is a light and very useful dish that is quickly digested by the body. The most valuable property of fish is a minimum fat contents, so it is simply indispensable for dietary nutrition. Try to cook fish according to our recipe with lemon-ginger sauce, which stimulates metabolism.
How to cook:
- Descale the fish, gut it and rinse thoroughly outside and inside.Lay the fish on a large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Stuff fish with lemon slices and two-thirds of ginger, cut into strips.Tightly cover the fish with foil.
- Place the fish in a steamer and cook for 20 to 30 minutes (the cooking time will depend on the fish size).Alternatively, you can use a steamer installed in a saucepan.
- While the fish is cooking, heat the lemon juice in a saucepan.Add sugar and salt. Stir until they completely dissolve in lemon juice. Add water and bring to a boil. Add the lemon zest and the remaining ginger (grated or cut into strips). Boil over low heat until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Get the fish out of the steamer, place on a serving dish, pour the sauce over it and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.Serve while hot.
CHICKEN BREAST, BAKED WITH BROCCOLI
Baked poultry meat with vegetables is an excellent option for a hearty dietary dish. Meat, as you know, perfectly matches with green and non-starchy vegetables. This combination minimizes the harmful properties of animal proteins, facilitates their digestion and helps to remove excess cholesterol from the blood.
How to cook:
- Cut the carrots into large cubes, onions – in half rings, broccoli – in small pieces.Deseed the bell pepper from the seeds and cut into small cubes. Dice the chicken breast.
- Place the meat and vegetables on a slightly oiled piece foil.Sprinkle with salt and season with spices.
- Seal the foil and bake in a preheated oven at a temperature of 200-220 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Berry smoothies are great for a healthy breakfast, a dietary dessert or a healthy snack. The calorie content of smoothies is only about 100 calories. For additional satiety, you can add a handful of dry oat flakes to the cocktail. Undoubtedly, such a useful drink is sure to be appreciated by children.
As you can see, dietary meals can be both useful and appetizing. Therefore, leave all your doubts and start taking care of your health right now!